Thursday, March 25, 2010

Everybody, Everybody Wants To Win

Thursday, March 25, 2010
















In case you haven't been keeping up on it, the Ingrid Michaelson "Everybody" video contest is going on right now.

As a superfan of all things Team Ingrid, I've been keeping a close eye on the competitors.

I've found that the majority of the entries fall into one of three categories:

1. Terrible attempts at covers
2. Artsy hipster videos
3. Legitimate musical talent

I've been watching a good bit of them (and trust me there are like a bajillion) but the rules are, the 10 videos with the most views by March 29 (this coming Monday) will move on to the voting round where fans will pick a winner.

UPDATE: Team Ingrid has since announced the deadline for submissions will be extended to March 31 at midnight. The voting will open on April 2 at 3 p.m. and close on April 8 at 3 p.m. The winner will be announced on April 9.
Some girl playing a xylophone technically won. However, my #4 choice, Abigail, won the Wild Card and will also be performing live with Ingrid. Where and when the winners will be performing with Ingrid is still undetermined. I'm still hoping it will be Lilith Fair. Juliana came in third. Full results here.

I checked out the top 10 vids that are leading the pack (all of which have 5,000+ views!) and am now officially putting my endorsement on the following 5 videos:


Ok, everyone listen to me, this girl can SING. Ever since I saw this, I've been obsessed with watching the rest of her covers on her youtube channel, including songs like "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga and "Help, I'm Alive" by Metric. This video is my fav because it's simple without being boring because she is really talented. Love.



Although I love the Juliana video, I do think this one will end up winning. It's a really cute vid and I think this is exactly what Ingrid had in mind for this contest. Although Ingrid is not voting, I think the fans will be really receptive to the style of this one.

3. 4FloorsUp3


This video follows in the same vain as the previous one, but it's got a little more glitz and glam to it. I like this girl's voice and I like the asymmetry of the squares and stuff. It appeals to that side of me that wants to be a graphic designer. Everyone like special effects, look the hearts are glowing!



This video is really cute and the outdoorsy-ness makes me happy, as someone who enjoys staying in the house most of the time. It's a sunshine day!


Again, this video is not the most artsy or complicated, but there's no denying this girl has a really nice voice. I would like to see someone win this contest and then get a record deal.

I think the voting is going to be really interesting because it will come down to talent vs. visuals. I'm really excited to see who will win, especially if it's one of these five, and also to see what show they get to play at with Ingrid. Maybe it will be Lilith Fair! That would be cool.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to update your blog.